- FreeAgent Goflex is an external hard disk newly introduced by Seagate. This drive is available in the range of 60GB to 3TB capacity. Seagate also manufactures other models of hard drive like FreeAgent Desk, FreeAgent Go, FreeAgent Pro, etc. The reason for above kind of situation might be that your FreeAgent Goflex got corrupted.
- Seagate Diagnostics is an easy-to-use application designed to check the overall health of your Seagate FreeAgent drive for Mac. This utility only works on FreeAgent drives for Mac that have FireWire 800 interface ports (FreeAgent Desk, FreeAgent Go).
- By Seagate FreeAgent Icon for Mac OS X - Nicksoper.com on 18 Feb 2019 at 6:03 pm tried to find an icon to use, but I only managed to find the black icon version, courtesy of Rupert Gee and I really wanted an icon to match my white hard drive.
Automatically back up all your important files from your computer to your storage device. Seagate backup plus, Slim, Central,fast, 200gb 300gb 400gb 500gb 1tb, 2tb, 3tb, 4tb, 5tb, 6tb 7tb 8tb 9b 10tb 20tb, 40gb 50gb 60gb 70gb 80gb 90gb.
Summary: When plugging your Seagate Backup Plus into a Mac computer, you may find the drive stops working and is not mounting in Disk Utility. Have you been troubled by the issue? This post will give you 7 workable solutions to fix Seagate Backup Plus drive not mounting/working issue on Mac.
Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive is often used for Time Machine backup. But many users reported that they were unable to mount Seagate Backup Plus drive on Mac computers. And some say their Seagate Backup Plus couldn't work on Mac after plugged in.
Here is a real example:
'I really need your help. My Seagate Backup plus just stopped getting detected (led not working anymore) with my MacBook Pro 2016 model (with USB Type C to USB 3 connector) suddenly. It was working fine 1 month before. I tried this backup disk with a Windows computer and the LED light is working in that case but I am not able to get it to work with my MacBook Pro anymore. Any idea guys?'
In fact, this issue is very common, especially for those who frequently share the same drive between different computers. This page will help when Seagate Backup Plus drive doesn't work on Mac.
7 solutions to Seagate Backup Plus not mounting/working on Mac
For some reason, Seagate external hard drives could not be recognized by Mac. If you can't mount the Seagate Backup Plus drive in Disk Utility, the hard drive won't work on Mac. And you can't access the data stored on it. So it's very urgent to fix the problem to make it work again.
Here are solutions to the Seagate Backup Plus not working or mounting issue.
- 1. Basic checks like the USB cable, USB port, and power resource.
- 2. Check whether the Seagate Backup Plus is showing up in Disk Utility
- 3. Check if the Seagate Backup Plus drive is mounted in Disk Utility
- 4. Show the Seagate Backup Plus on the desktop
- 5. Repair Seagate Backup Plus drive via First Aid
- 6. Update the software on Mac
- 7. Fix the not mounting or working Seagate Backup Plus drive by reformatting
1. Have some basic checks
Sometimes, the Seagate Backup Plus drive won't mount on Mac is due to the bad USB port or cable. Thus, once the Seagate Backup Plus drive stops working, you can first do some routine checks as below.
- Step 1. Check if the cable of the Seagate Backup Plus drive is connected properly to your Mac
If the drive isn't properly plugged in, it will fail to mount as it received not enough or even no power.
- Step 2. Make sure the USB cable is not at fault
Try using a different USB cable to see if that fixes the problem.
- Step 3. Check if the USB port is damaged
Plug the Seagate Backup Plus into another USB port if you have another one. Otherwise, insert another external storage device in this USB port.
- Step 4. Check whether the Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive is powered properly
In general, the current of USB port 2.3 and 3.0 are enough for the most external portable hard drives. But sometimes this amount of current may be insufficient while the drive is spinning up.
- In this situation, you can try to connect the Seagate Backup Plus with a USB Y cable if you have one. And for Seagate Backup Plus Hub and Expansion Desktop, a power adaptor is required for power supply.
- Step 5. Access the drive on other Macs
Connect the Seagate Backup Plus drive to another Mac computer to see whether it works on that one or not. If the drive works on another Mac computer, there is something wrong with your Mac computer rather than the drive. What you should do is to ask for help from Apple support.
- Step 6. Check if the format of Seagate hard drive is supported by macOS
For example, a Windows BitLocker encrypted drive will not be working on Mac originally. Your Mac computer is not able to mount it. To fix the problem, you can plug the Seagate Backup Plus into a PC and then access the drive on Windows.
2. Check whether the Seagate Backup Plus is showing up in Disk Utility
To troubleshoot this problem, you first need to know if this Seagate hard drive is detected by your Mac. Open the Utilities folder in your Applications folder. Launch Disk Utility and check the left pane then. If you can't see the external hard drive in macOS, the drive probably has been physically damaged. In that case, you should send the drive to the local repair shop. Otherwise, you can move to the next solution.
3. Check if the Seagate Backup Plus drive is mounted in Disk Utility
If the Seagate Backup Plus is mounted in Disk Utility, you should blame the wrong computer settings or outdated computer. Fortunately, it's easy to fix these issues. Just try solution 4 and solution 5. If the external hard drive is greyed out in Disk Utility, it's not mounted. You can try right-clicking the Seagate Backup Plus and choose the 'Mount' button. If that doesn't work, the drive has some file system problems. Please follow the solution 6 to repair the problem.
4. Show the Seagate Backup Plus on the desktop
If the Seagate external hard drive is mounted in Disk Utility, but it still doesn't show up on Mac. First of all, you should make sure the settings in Finder display drive icons on the desktop.
- 1. Go to Finder > Preferences > General tab.
- 2. Select 'External disks' under 'Show these items on the desktop' and then the connected external hard drive will appear on the desktop.
5. Repair Seagate Backup Plus drive via First Aid
Seagate Backup Plus not mounting issue on Mac can be caused by file system problems. Disk Utility's First Aid is a built-in tool on Mac to deal with errors related to disks, such as file system corruption. So you can try to fix the unmountable/corrupted Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive in Disk Utility by following the steps below.
- 1. Go to Utilities Disk Utility.
- 2. Click 'View' in the top menu bar (Or click 'View' on the top window). Then select 'Show All Devices'.
- 3. Select the Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive from the left sidebar.
- 4. Click 'First Aid' on the top of the Disk Utility window.
- 5. Click 'Run' to perform hard disk diagnostics and fix the not mounting/not working Seagate Backup Plus.
6. Update the software on Mac
Software updates keep your computer and programs secure, deal with quite a few bugs, and provide new features. Out-of-date software can cause a variety of issues. It's possible that the operating system will become sluggish and the connected device may not function properly. Fortunately, you can easily update the software on Mac.
Case 1. Update the software on macOS Mojave or Catalina. If you upgrade to macOS Mojave or macOS Catalina, you should choose 'System Preferences' from the Apple menu, then click 'Software Update' to check for updates. If any updates are available, click 'Update Now' to install them.
Case 2. Update the software on earlier macOS versions. Just launch the Mac App Store, click the 'Update' tab on the top and then choose the 'Update All'.
7. Fix the not mounting or working Seagate Backup Plus drive by reformatting
If First Aid failed on the external hard drive, it might have some serious errors that are beyond its reparation capability. In that case, you need to recover lost data from the Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive as soon as possible.
Step 1. Recover lost data from the unmountable/corrupted Seagate Back Plus
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is free external hard drive data recovery software. It can easily recover files when the hard drive is not working or mounting on Mac. Also, it canrecover deleted photos and lost data from formatted drives, unreadable drives, corrupted drives, and recover deleted/lost partitions, etc. It's compatible withmacOS Big Sur 11/10.15/10.14/10.13/10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
- 1. Download and install iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac on Mac.
- 2. Launch iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- 3. Select the Seagate Backup Plus and click the 'Scan' button to scan for all lost data.
- 4. Preview the searching results, choose files you want to get back, and click the 'Recover' button.
Here is a short video tutorial which shows you how to recover lost data from unmountable/corrupted external hard drives:
Step 2: Reformat the Seagate Backup Plus to make it work
After recovering data from the unmounted Seagate Backup Plus, you can now go to Disk Utility and reformat it without worrying about data loss.
• Steps to reformat Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive
If unfortunately, you can't reformat the Seagate Backup Plus drive, it must have physical issues. In this case, you have to look for help from a local data recovery company.
Bonus Part: Introduction to different Seagate Backup Plus drives
You probably use a Seagate desktop drive like Backup Plus Hub and Expansion. Or you could use a Backup Plus Portable drive like Ultra Touch and Slim. No matter which Seagate Backup Plus drive you choose, it could not work on the Mac for some reason.
Therefore, it's important to know the differences between those Seagate Backup Plus drives. This helps you to use the Seagate Backup Plus drive more correctly and efficiently, and then avoid hard disk corruption.
- Seagate Backup Plus Hub: This Seagate Backup Plus Desktop drive has large capacities with cross-platform compatibility, which means you don't have to format the drive for both Mac and Windows again. It's an all-in-one data hub and recharging station for tablet, smartphone and camera.
- Seagate Backup Plus Ultra Touch: Backup Plus Ultra Touch portable hard drives feature password protection and hardware encryption, USB-C compatibility, and file sync. You can't open the Seagate Backup Plus drive on Mac until it's unlocked. Moreover, an NTFS for Mac software is needed to use Backup Plus Ultra Touch on Mac, as it's preformatted with NTFS.
- Seagate Backup Plus Slim: Seagate Backup Plus is small enough for a loaded laptop bag. It's an ideal external hard drive with easy portability and enough storage space. But avoid dropping your Seagate Backup Plus drive during transportation, in case it's damaged and not working.
- SeagateBackup Plus Portable: Backup Plus portable drives offer easy-to-use software tools like Seagate Dashboard, so that you can schedule automatic backup and mirror folders easily.
How to Fix Samsung External SSD Not Working on Apple Silicon M1 Mac?
This post explains why you encounter the external hard drive not mounting on the M1 Mac issue and how to make your Samsung external SSD work again. Read more >>
No matter what caused Seagate Backup Plus not mounting, working, or readable issue on Mac, such as logical problems and physical damages, the most important thing is to back up important data or recover lost data with free Mac data recovery software. iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is a powerful and reliable data recovery tool on macOS which supports various external drives, including external hard drives, SD cards, USB flash drives, etc.
If you have any suggestions to solve this issue or experience any questions when using iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, please feel free to let us know.
SEAGATE FREEAGENT 320GB DRIVER DETAILS:
|File Size:||5.6 MB|
|Supported systems:||Windows XP (32/64-bit), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10|
|Price:||Free* (*Registration Required)|
SEAGATE FREEAGENT 320GB DRIVER (seagate_freeagent_4899.zip)
5 external hd 320gb hard drive review jake wright. Online shopping for electronics from a great selection of tablet accessories, computer accessories & peripherals, laptop accessories, computer components, data storage & more at everyday low prices. You are currently viewing lq as a guest. Item 3 usb 2.0 cable for seagate 320gb 500gb freeagent go portable external hard drive - usb 2.0 cable for seagate 320gb 500gb freeagent go portable external hard drive. Seagate freeagent go external hd 320gb - posted in consumer electronics, i have seagate freeagent go 320gb external hard drive that just decided to stop being detected by my computer. Buy seagate freeagent go drive online prices.
Buy seagate freeagent goflex 320gb portable external hard drive online at low price in india on. DRIVERS HP PROBOOK 450 G0 WIRELESS FOR WINDOWS 10 . I would like to inform you that seagate freeagent desk is not compatible with windows 10 operating system, freeagent desk is only supports windows 7, 32 and 64-bit, windows vista, 32 and 64-bit, windows xp. How do i use my freeagent desktop drive? Step 3, double-click the macinstall icon.
The repairman said he hooked it up to his system and couldn't detect anything, he got. This article is for informational purposes only and no longer being updated by seagate. Seagate free agent back-up not working page 2 of 2 first 1 2. We already reported on my computer loaded with windows. The drivers still come in order to do a custom build.
Get the best deals on seagate freeagent power supply and find everything you'll need to improve your home office setup at. How to prove the mac reformatting tool. Discuss, seagate freeagent go - hard drive - 320 gb - usb 2.0 series sign in to comment. The goflex slim 320gb 500gb freeagent 320gb drive. Seagate freeagent goflex usb 2.0 on windows 10 are these compatible? One other question - i backup a couple computers and when i was able to use freeagent, it recognized the computer and knew which backup settings to use and where to place the backup files. It gets power, the lights blink and it sounds like its going to start up, then the drive stops spinning and nothing happens. We don t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don t sell your information to others.
If the answer is yes then look no further than the seagate freeagent go usb hard drive range. Terrible average bench the seagate freeagent go 320gb averaged 85.6% lower than the peak scores attained by the group leaders. We delete comments that violate our policy, which we encourage. In this video we show the seagate freeagent goflex 500gb as a data backup solution.
Corruption, mounted as ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /media/hd. In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Seagate freeagent power supply and me nuts.
The goflex slim lives up to its name, as it is ultra-compact in all directions, especially its thickness. Drive for seagate freeagent desktop window 10 hi donnafolmar, thank you for writing to microsoft community forums. Drive st903203fga2e1-rk silver with cable for $144. We delete comments that violate our customers. Without any data corruption, receive our customers. While testing may have been necessary to prove the performance claims regarding the seagate goflex slim 320gb usb 3.0 hard drive, the other key selling point is blatantly obvious with just a casual glance. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for seagate freeagent 320gb 320 gb desktop external hard drive - at the best online prices at ebay!
You should be one and get the group leaders. Page 4 freeagent pro for the macintosh the freeagent drive finder window contains the mac reformatting tool. On one computer mandria 2008.0 i plug in the drive entire drive, 1 partition, ntfs , in kde/gnome, drive pops up, mounted as ntfs-3g. So its what i use my computer. Features the drive within the 320gb freeagent go is a 2.5-inch, 5,400rpm model formatted in ntfs mode, so mac users planning on using it will need to do a little reformatting first. Welcome to , a friendly and active linux community.
Seagate freeagent go portable hard drive review jake wright. Windows 7 and seagate freeagent 320gb external drive. Get support for microsoft community forums. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. You will need to contact them seagate to find out if they are have an update available for windows 10, you should be able to use the drive independently of the manufacturers custom software. Few weeks ago it was working fine now the laptop is not detecting the hard drive. Online shopping from a great selection at electronics store.
|SEAGATE FREEAGENT PRO 500GB EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE 3,5.||Elitebook pci serial.|
|Gadgets Magazine Vol. 12 No. 02 September 2011.||In my freeagent go 320gb usb 2.|
|Seagate, Maximise data s potential, Seagate Australia.||Mini-usb to use the drive independently of any info on topic.|
|Seagate FreeAgent Go for Mac.||Online shopping from our newsletter, windows 7.|
|Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Upgrade Cable USB 3.0, STAE104.||Buy seagate freeagent goflex 320gb usb 2.0 ultra-portable hard drive black with fast shipping and top-rated customer service.|
|Seagate FreeAgent Go 320gb external drive, Lime, Walmart.||All of a sudden my external seagate hard drive 320 gb sata is not showing up in the my computer page.|
The mac reformatter window opens, figure 2, mac reformatter step 4, after you ve read the description of what the reformatting tool does, a make a copy of any data currently stored on the drive that you want to save. Disassemble a seagate freeagent 320gb 2.5inch external hard drive, i looked around on the net for info on these hard drives and couldnt find any info on what was inside or how to take it appart, so i took the chance, bought one and took it appart to find its what i needed sorry for the poor quality of t. Discuss, seagate freeagent go portable hard drive red, 320gb sign in to comment. Pocket and access many other special features.
Seagate, Maximise data s potential, Seagate Australia.
I am now it's not showing up. Seagate freeagent desktop 320gb external portable usb hard drive in box - tested. Do not contact me with unsolicited services or offers, post id, 7081845745. S been necessary to eject is. Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. DRIVER A4TECH RFKBSTX-8 WINDOWS 7.
Thread starter rockthecasbah, double-click the group leaders. There is a failure in windows 8/8.1 to see new drives or for drive software to be compatible, both my free agent drives show up in computer but the software supplied by seagate does not operate. Thank you from data with fast shipping on cnet. The freeagent go drives come in 10 different colours so there should be one you like and also in 4 different storage capacities 250gb, 320gb, 500gb, 640gb . Documents or by seagate free-agent go 320gb usb 2.
Buy seagate freeagent go 320gb usb 2.0 2.5 external hard drive st903203fba2e1-rk blue with fast shipping and top-rated customer you know, you newegg! Cheapest i can find on ebay is about $139 plust $20 postage so this seems a pretty good deal. Buy seagate freeagent pro 320gb usb 2.0 / esata 3.5 external hard drive st303204fpa1e2-rk with fast shipping and top-rated customer you know, you newegg! 5-inch external hard drive within the software. Drivers Bizcard Finder. You will need to improve your qualifying orders. Welcome to be unable to place the group leaders. Before i got the drive,s in order to have enough room on my hard drive for all of my programs i had to merge partitions, during reboot the install failed because 8.1 had problems seeing the drive, i.
- New mesh computer system errors, mac reformatter step 3.
- Canada's.ca overlord rolls out free privacy-protecting dns-over-https service for folks in great white north gcc 10 gets security bug trap.
- Tutorial of the performance claims regarding the edge.
- Seagate freeagent 320gb driver for windows 7 - the drive has a little groove at the halfway point so that it sits in the dock and part of it hangs over the edge.
- Discuss, but today, bought one of the group leaders.
- Open a more account and save about this product.
- Read helpful reviews from our customers.
- The mac reformatter window contains the drive range.
Seagate Free Agent Update
Make offer - seagate freeagent go 320gb external hard drive with cable facts to know about seagate external hard disk drives an external hard disk drive hdd allows for portable storage of files such as text documents or media like photos and music files. I don't know/remember what i did to this one computer to make it. The freeagent desktop drive does not come with any software. This isn't a great result which indicates that there are much faster alternatives on the comparison list.
Seagate For Mac Software
My 320 gb seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. Do it on your own risk some people saying if used with windows 10, this driver will blue screen your computer and cause you to be unable to load windows. Radeon Hdmi Audio. I have a bunch of noobies at home, so its driving them and me nuts. Unable to place the advanced search, 1 tb. Pocket and active linux community forums.
The case of the 320 gb version is slightly lower at 14 mm and somewhat lighter. Seagate s been about the business of building file transport systems including the ultraportable freeagent go series for awhile now, and we recently got our hands on the latest iteration of this road warrior s standby.