Free Gas Central Heating from the Government's ECO Scheme for Home Owners and Private Tenants
You May Qualify for Free Gas Central Heating if Your Home has NEVER had Central Heating Fitted Before.
Free Gas Central Heating Grants are Subject to a Free Survey of your home to assess whether you qualify for Free Gas Central Heating.
Landlords with private tenants can apply for Free Gas Central Heating for their rental property by clicking HERE.
If your home does not currently have central heating and is heated by another method, then you may qualify for a central heating grant to pay for the installation of central heating in the property. A qualifying property must be privately owned and cannot be rented.
Free Gas Central Heating - How will I know whether I have to contribute?
The amount of your Free Gas Central Heating grant can only be calculated after a full survey of your home and its heating system. However, the survey is free whether you qualify or not.
Being a Government scheme, the calculation is complicated. But in simple terms, the greater the reduction in carbon emissions from your home achieved by installing central heating, the greater your grant will be.
Generally speaking, larger properties with more bedrooms and solid walls (rather than cavity walls) will attract higher free central heating grants. Consequently, householders in flats and terrace houses are more likely to be asked a contribution.
Once your free gas central heating grant has been calculated it will be compared to the cost of installing central heating.
If your grant is high enough, you will receive free gas central heating, if not you will be asked to contribute towards the cost. If you choose not to contribute, you can withdraw you application and it will not cost you anything.
Free Gas Central Heating Grants Qualifying Criteria
1. Free Central Heating Grants are available to home owners, and tenants of private landlords
Unfortunately, if you rent your home from your local council or housing association, or you live in a shared ownership home you will not qualify for a free gas central heating grant.
2. You or someone living with you must receive one of the qualifying State Benefits, Tax Credits or Other Allowances below OR qualify under ECO Flex Rules
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
Can I Get Free Central Heating Installed
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Child Benefit (subject to maximum household income thresholds)
/ati-catalyst-install-manager-free-download-windows-7/. Armed Forces Benefits
- War Pensions Mobility Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
Under ECO Flex Rules your Local Authority can approve your application for a Free Gas Central Heating Grants if you satisfy their rules.
Install free from google play store. Each Local Authority can set its own rules for qualification of Free Gas Central Heating Grants.
How Much Does It Cost To Get Central Heating Installed
3. You must have one of the following heating systems in your home or NO Heating at all, at the time of your application:
- Electric room heaters
- Inefficient electric storage heaters
- Gas room heaters
- Gas fire with back boiler
- Solid fossil fuel fire with back boiler
- Electric underfloor or ceiling heating (not an electric boiler)
- Bottled LPG room heaters
- Solid fossil fuel room heaters
- Wood or biomass room heaters
- Oil room heaters
The heating system used to assess whether you qualify for Free Gas Central Heating Grants is the ‘Main Heating’ system on the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for your home. You can see your EPC HERE if you live in England or Wales and HERE if you live in Scotland.
Free Gas Central Heating - What if I don't have a mains gas supply?
For most applicants, free gas central heating grants will pay for the supply and installation of an A rated gas boiler, radiators, associated pipe work and a room thermostat.
ECO Scheme free gas central heating grants do not pay for the installation of a mains gas supply or a gas meter. However, other grants may be available for this and we will be able to advise you after your free survey has been carried out.
If a mains gas boiler can’t be installed, the ECO may help to fund the installation of the following types of central heating:
- LPG Boiler
- Air Source Heat Pump
- Ground Source Heat Pump
- Electric Boiler
- Biomass Boiler