September 6, 2017 By James Hendrickson Leave a Comment Costco is a go-to spot for people trying to save money. Not only are you able to buy just about everything in bulk, you can also save money. One of the great things about buying new tires from a Costco store is that it only costs $15 per tire installation, which is actually far cheaper than a lot of other places.This installation fee applies to all of the tires that these stores sell, so you won’t need to worry about it being different for you. Costco is having discounts on tires when you purchase a set of four Michelin tires, you’ll receive $70 off, plus also get 1¢ per tire installation! Marvel vs capcom 3 for ppsspp. Sadly, this is only available for Costco members so make sure to sign up if you have not. This will only last until May 3, 2019 so make sure to take advantage as soon as possible. The Costco Tire Center offers several installation and maintenance services to get our members on the road, including rotation, balance, nitrogen inflation, nitrogen conversion, and flat repair. Your local Costco Tire Center team will be glad to discuss any of these services in-depth. Find your local Tire Center here. Please note that.
Does Costco Do Brakes?
No. Costco does not do brakes. After reaching out to Costco, we discovered that brake repair services are NOT offered at their warehouse locations. However, the retailer has an auto program that will help its members save on car repairs. This is called the Costco Auto Program.
Get a $10 Costco Shop Card
Costco Auto Program
The Costco Auto Program will help you get your brakes done (or anything else) with that well-known and desired Costco discount.You can locate the nearest service center to you by using this locator. Costco Auto Program members get 15% off parts, service and accessories at participating service centers throughout the United States. (Get the coupon here.) You can use this on any car that is registered to the Costco member’s home.
To become a member of the Auto Program, all you have to do is be a member at Costco. (See how you can get a discounted Costco membership here.) You’ll get 15% off (good for up to $500 in savings) and you can use it on brakes and alignments, shocks and struts, belts and hoses, heating and cooling services, routine maintenance, etc.
Keep in mind, to save money with Costco you will have to go to a participating service center (not all service centers participate). You will also need this coupon and it should be noted that the Costco discount is only available for certain vehicles (not all cars will be covered). The discount cannot be used on air bags, oil changes, ties or inspections. You also won’t be able to use it if the work is covered by a warranty or insurance policy.
Auto Repairs Available Through Costco’s Auto Program
Since the answer to the question, “Does Costco Do Brakes?” is no, you’re probably wondering about what other services the company offers through their automotive program. The answer is: just about everything. As stated above, you’ll need to go through a Costco partner to save the extra cash but the savings could be worth it. Other repairs available include:
- Oil changes
- Tires and wheels
- Heating and cooling systems
- Belts and hoses
- Routine maintenance
- Install car technology (new radios, etc.)
No matter where you decide to get your auto repairs done, whether it be at Costco or elsewhere, be sure that you know what you are buying. Research what the average price is for the services you need and call around before settling on doing business with a specific mechanic. Also, remember that many parts will come with limited warranties, etc. Always know the details of the products you are buying.
When it comes to auto parts or auto service warranties, coverage will vary from mechanic-to-mechanic. While calling around and comparing prices, ask about what kind of warranty the shop offers on their repairs as well as any warranty on the parts. For example, many batteries have a three-year warranty (or a warranty up to a certain mileage count). You may have to pay extra to insure the parts though. Car battery warranties, for instance, usually cost an additional $40 to $50. However, the $40 or $50 is worth not spending another $100+ on a car battery if it dies again shortly after your purchase (sometimes the part is just bad).
Similarly, many shops will guarantee their work and the parts they use. So, if you go to a shop and get work done on your brakes and your brakes stop working three days later the shop will warranty their work. Whether the issue is with the part or the service, the shop will cover the cost of repairing your vehicle again. As stated above, you’ll have to call and inquire about any warranties or guarantees individuals shops may have.
If you’re interested in learning more about Costco’s Auto Program, check out the video below:
Give the gift of savings! Learn more
Have you used Costco’s Auto Program or other similar auto services? What was your experience?
Photo: North Texas Daily
Updated as of: May 20, 2021
We, and service providers acting on our behalf may collect “Personal Information”, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. The types of Personal Information we collect may vary depending on your use of the various features and programs available on the CAP Site from time to time. We may collect and process the following information:
- Contact Information: We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and home address. We may also collect your Costco Membership Number.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your general location through your ZIP code and IP address.
- Demographic Information: We may collect your ZIP code, gender and age.
- Purchase and Preference Information: We may collect information about your vehicle preferences and purchases (such as which makes and models you search for, whether you search for new or used vehicles, and information contained in a vehicle purchase agreement that you give us permission to review).
- Employment-Related Information: If you apply for a job with us, we will collect employment information you submit, such as your work experience and previous employment, your education history, your resume, the URL to your personal or professional websites, your workplace skill sets and certifications that you provide.
- Internet, Device, and Usage Information: When you visit the CAP Site, read our emails, or interact with our ads and other online content, we, as well as any advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about those interactions, such as your browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the pages served to you, previous page views, the site from which you linked, the time and date of your visit to the CAP Site, your use of features on the CAP Site and your inquiries. We also automatically collect an IP address or other unique identifier information for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the CAP Site. We may allow other parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the CAP Site. For example, our service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, analytics, and provide you with incentives and coupons, including the delivery of targeted advertisements.
Using the other pieces of Personal Information collected about you, we may draw inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, attitudes and behavior.
We may collect or receive Personal Information from the following sources:
2017 Tire Reviews
- Directly from you: We collect and store the Personal Information that you provide us, such as when you request to be referred to a participating CAP dealer to receive member pricing on a desired vehicle or to receive a discount coupon or voucher for parts and service; provide other information, such as information about your vehicle preferences (e.g., vehicle make, model and/or your desired vehicle options); register at the CAP Site for an OEM promotion or opt-in to receive text messages, emails or other incentives or communications; contact us for any reason (such as when you speak with a CAP customer service representative); or provide feedback by participating in a member survey.
- From Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources and may combine that information with the other information we collect or receive about you. For example, you may choose to participate in another party’s application or social media site through which you allow us to collect (or the other party to share) information about you, including Personal Information. We may also receive information from partners and service providers, including partners and service providers that provide us information that is publicly or commercially available. We may match the information we collect about you through the CAP Site with information collected from other parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and/or to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
We use the information we collect about and from you for a variety of business purposes, including:
- Using your vehicle request and ZIP code to locate a participating dealership in your area for the specific make and model requested;
- Responding to your questions and requests;
- Providing you with access to certain areas and features of the CAP Site;
- Verifying your identity (for example, we use your Costco membership number to verify your membership with Costco and to determine your level of Costco membership to verify the Costco cash card amount you may be entitled to through a promotion);
- Sending notice of changes to any policy and/or the CAP Site or research tools;
- Tailoring content, advertisements and incentives we provide you;
- Providing you with market updates and other promotional information. For example, we may send you:
- Information about the participating dealership for the vehicle you requested, including, without limitation, dealership information, an overview of next steps (following your request for dealer information) and CAP benefits;
- Coupons for vehicle parts, service and/or accessories;
- Dealer or manufacturer incentives;
- Notifications to you concerning national or regional exclusive vehicle manufacturer incentives;
- Updates about manufacturer rebates and incentives that may be of interest to you based on your prior vehicle requests, industry updates and trends;
- Announcements about new CAP benefits or enhancements; or
- Other incentives or savings opportunities.
- Improving the CAP Site and for internal business purposes;
- Administering the CAP Site, helping diagnose problems with our servers, analyzing trends, tracking users’ web page movements, helping identify you and your inquiries, and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use;
- Protecting our company, the CAP Site, and our users;
- Complying with legal obligations;
- For hiring purposes, such as to review job applications and contact you about employment inquiries;
- Compiling aggregate statistics, such as statistics about the total number of daily visitors to the CAP Site, the pages most frequently visited and how long visitors stay at each page (this allows us to understand our customer’s needs and to develop products and services to serve those needs); and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may share your Personal Information for purposes described at the time you provide your information, or with other parties as follows:
- Participating Dealerships and Vehicle Manufacturers: We may share your information with participating dealerships and/or vehicle manufacturers so that they can provide you with incentives, promotional materials, and other materials that you request or that we think might be of interest to you. For example, we may share your name, physical address, email address, phone number and requested vehicle information (such as make, model and vehicle features) with a participating dealership to help you with the purchase of your vehicle. However, CAP is not responsible for the privacy practices of these participating dealerships and/or vehicle manufacturers, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- Costco: We share Personal Information with Costco for customer service, member tracking and satisfaction purposes, and so Costco can communicate with you about other products and services to you that you may be interested in.
- Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf: We may share your Personal Information with service providers that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners), such as service providers that host or operate the CAP Site, analyze data, fulfill inquiries or provide customer service, or participate in or administer our promotions or provide marketing or promotional assistance.
- Business Transfers: Your information, including Personal Information, may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger or sale of company assets or acquisition.
- Legal Disclosure: We may transfer and disclose information, including your Personal Information, to comply with a legal obligation; when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce our applicable policies; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to the CAP Site or the public.
- Non-Personal Information: We may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregate user statistics or de-identified information, with third parties.
You have a number of choices about how we handle information we collect or receive about you.
- Delete Your Information: You may request that we delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the CAP Site. This right is not absolute, and we may deny certain deletion requests in whole or in part based upon our record keeping practices and legal rights and obligations. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information.
- “Do Not Track” Signals: Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” setting. Because these features are not yet uniform, CAP currently does not take action in response to these signals.
- Cookies: Depending on the configuration options offered by the operating system, web browser, and other software on your Device, you may be able to decide if and how your Device will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your Device or web browser. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of the CAP Site may no longer be available to you.
- Interest-Based / Targeted advertising: CAP may use third-party network advertisers to serve advertisements and third-party analytics vendors to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the CAP Site and viewing of our content. Ad network providers, the advertisers, the sponsors, and/or analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on your Device, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you. On occasion, we and our network advertisers may target advertisements for products and services in which you might be interested based on your visits to both the CAP Site and other websites. We may use a variety of companies to serve advertisements. If you do not want to receive the benefits of targeted advertising, you may opt out of some network advertising programs that use your information by visiting: the NAI Opt-Out Page and the DAA Opt-Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt-out), you will still see advertisements while you’re browsing online, including advertisements that are relevant to the content of the webpage or application page on which they are displayed and advertisements that are relevant to your current location. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt-Out Page and the DAA Opt-Out Page each provide a tool that identifies its member/participating companies that have cookies on your browser and provides a mechanism to opt out of receiving cookies from those companies. Please note that if you opt-out of targeted advertising, we may still track your visits to the CAP Site for our own analytics, operations and security purposes.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us once each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at [email protected] Please mark your inquiries “California Shine the Light Request.
If you are a California resident, in addition to any rights and choices described above, you may also make the following more specific requests regarding your Personal Information:
- Shine the Light Requests - You have the right to ask us once each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at [email protected] Please mark your inquiries “California Shine the Light Request.”
- Access – You can request that we disclose to you the categories of Personal Information we collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling your Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your Personal Information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of the above rights.
California residents can exercise these rights online by clicking here or by calling us at 877-722-4559. We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain Personal Information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and whether you have an account with us.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent is identified as an authorized agent.
- We collect the following categories of Personal Information as detailed in applicable California law: identifiers; commercial information; protected classifications under California or federal law; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; and inferences.
- We collect these categories of Personal Information directly from you, passively from your devices, and from certain other parties, as more fully described in Section 2 above.
- We use these categories of Personal Information for our own business and commercial purposes, as more fully described in Section 3 above.
- We share or disclose these categories of Personal Information for our business and commercial purposes as described in Section 4 above, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- We may “sell” the following categories of Personal Information as detailed in applicable California law: identifiers; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity; geolocation data; and inferences.
We may communicate with you regarding any matter related to the Costco Auto Program via mail, via telephone or via electronic communications, including via email to the email address you provide, via text message to the mobile phone you provide, or via the CAP Site.
To opt-out of receiving text messages, please follow the instructions in the body of the text message. Note that in order for you to receive communications via text message, you must maintain, at your own cost, a mobile device capable of sending and receiving text messages. Message and data rates may apply to each text message sent and received in connection with the Costco Auto Program. Please see your wireless provider to review your wireless plan details.
We take information security seriously and use certain reasonable security measures designed to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the CAP Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
The CAP Site may contain links to other websites or online services that are operated and maintained by Costco or third parties, and that are not under the control of or maintained by CAP.