How to activate the Bitdefender subscription
Bitdefender Central is your one-stop security center. Here, you can activate your Bitdefender subscription using the activation code purchased or received as a present, and install Bitdefender on any device.
To activate your Bitdefender subscription follow the steps below.
Download Bitdefender Free Desktop Apps. Experience the powerful free antivirus apps and virus scanning tools designed by Bitdefender to get an extra protection for your PC or Mac. Antivirus Free Edition. Quick to install and light on computer resources. The only free antivirus you’ll ever need. Device: LEARN MORE.
NOTE: If you’ve already activated the subscription and need help with the installation process, read these articles.
- Go to Bitdefender Central and sign in. If you don’t have an account, choose to create one.
- Click on the My Subscriptions panel , located on the left side of the window.
- Click the ACTIVATION CODE button.
activate subscription 1
- Type in the code from the e-mail received after purchasing Bitdefender.
- Finally, click on ACTIVATE.
- Your subscription is now activated. Close the pop-up window or click on PROTECT YOUR FIRST DEVICE to install Bitdefender.
NOTE: The email is received only upon purchase. If you already activated this code and your product expired you need to purchase a new one from here.
NOTE: Do NOT type this activation code again when installing Bitdefender products from this account.
How to install Bitdefender on Windows
- Bitdefender Free is a step up from previous versions as it has improved its footprint on system resources. When we tested it, it used little RAM and CPU. When you initially install it, this free antivirus product will be optimal for most users, meaning there is little messing around involved with settings.
- Bitdefender Total Security v25 is the company's full-strength, no-compromise security suite. The suite has the same core features as Bitdefender Internet Security, a powerful mix of antivirus, firewall, browsing protection, parental controls, anti-theft system, encryption, ransomware protection and password manager.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is blazing fast, free to use, and packs essential protection features every Windows computer needs. Downloads and installs in seconds, runs at max speed without slowing down your PC. Good for gaming, image and video editing, and resource-intensive applications.
- Choose Security, then click This device to install Bitdefender on your current PC. To install Bitdefender on another device click Other devices. Then select either ‘Email link’ to send a download link via email or ‘Copy link’ to share the link in a direct message. Wait until the download completes, then run the installer.
This article guides you on how to install Bitdefender on Windows computers. Before proceeding with the installation, make sure your PC meets the system requirements.
You can also watch the steps presented in the video below.
- Sign into your Bitdefender Central account. If you don’t have an account already, please sign up for one.
- Prior to the installation of Bitdefender, please make sure that you have a Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security or Bitdefender Total Security subscription in your Central account so the product you install can retrieve it’s validity from your account. If you need help activating your subscription, refer to this article: How to activate the Bitdefender subscription.
- Go to My Devices, then click INSTALL PROTECTION.
- In the Protect your devices window click Protect this device to install Bitdefender on your current PC. Then select device owner from the list.
- To install Bitdefender on another device click Protect other devices. Select device owner first. You can choose to copy to clipboard the download link or SEND DOWNLOAD LINK. Enter the e-mail address of the recipient and click SEND EMAIL to send the download link via e-mail.
- Wait until the download completes, then run the installer. This button will help you locate it in the browser install 2020 1
- The installation package is first updated, then the setup wizard appears. Downloading the installation files can take a long time, especially over slower internet connections.
- Select the language you want to install the product in.
- Click Install to confirm your preferences and begin the installation. Wait for the installation to complete.
- Click Start Device Assessment to initiate a scan of critical system areas. When the scan is completed, click Open Bitdefender Interface.
- If you do not wish to perform the scan, simply click Skip.
- In the Getting started window you can see details about your active subscription. Click Finish to access the Bitdefender interface.
Your Bitdefender product is now installed and activated!
How to install Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac
This article guides you on how to install Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. Before proceeding with the installation, make sure your Mac meets the system requirements.
You can also watch the steps presented in the video below.
- Sign into your Bitdefender Central account.
NOTE: If you don’t have an account already, please sign up for one.
- Prior to the installation of Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac, please make sure that you have a Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac subscription in your Central account so the product you install can retrieve it’s validity from your account.
- If you have an older license key for the previous Antivirus for Mac product, you can find how to transform it into a Bitdefender subscription, in this article.
NOTE: If you want to Protect other devices, select this option (this will send an email with the installation kit to an email address of your choice).
Install AVFM 2 EN
Install AVFM 3 EN
Install AVFM 5 EN
Install AVFM 6 EN
Install AVFM 7 EN
Secure Your SuccessBitdefender Free Partner Program
Bitdefender antivirus is very user-friendly. The screens are intelligently laid out, easy to navigate and the options are explained well, including the firewall options. Its given high marks in this area. The download and installation processes are almost hands-free. Once you start, it does most of the work, while providing you with constant updates as it progresses, putting the current step in bold print and listing previous steps as they are finished. A standard green progress bar provides a quick visual display of the status of the installation.
Download Bitdefender Offline Installer
Bitdefender Free power of two
Once the software is installed, it downloads the latest threat definitions, then performs an initial scan of the system. Upon completion, it displays a splash screen with highlights of the current infection status of your system. From beginning to end, the installation process takes less than half an hour. From the splash screen, which is displayed when you launch the software, there are three main areas: “MyBitdefender,” which is the home screen, “account” and “manage.” The “manage” area is where the action is.
Grab the Bitdefender Free Connected advantage
The “antivirus” screen opens with the quarantine section at the top. Clicking “manage items” sends you to another screen where the quarantined files are listed. A drop-down box gives you options to keep them quarantined, delete them, restore them or always allow them. Https apk-gbwhatsapp-for-android.ar.uptodown.com android download. After selecting an option, you have to click the “perform action” button at the bottom of the screen for it to be applied. Back on the “antivirus” screen, there are options for handling active protection, archives and edge protection to stop exploits and other online threats from being downloaded.
Keep your customers safe and your business growing
There are web filters for dangerous websites where you can specify websites you know to be safe and how you want Bitdefender Advanced Security to handle threats and various kinds of scans. Most of its options are checkboxes or on-off switches. Beside many checkboxes is an italic “i” that offers more information. If you click it, a floating box will appear to explain in simple terms what will be done if you check the box. The antivirus history, which records what has been done and when. A drop-down box lets you specify how long to retain the history before deleting it, giving you options from one day to permanently.
Bitdefender Free partner ecosystem
Bitdefender Advanced Security also gives you a quiet mode option in which it protects you in real-time without bothering you with a lot of notifications. The “update” option contains switches for automatic or manual updates, patch updates, threat definitions updates, what proxies to use and a history of your updates. Under the “email” option is a switch to turn on spam filtering for Microsoft Outlook. If you use a different email client, you’ll have to tell Bitdefender Advanced Security which POP3 and SMTP ports you’re using.
|Intel Bitdefender Free Partner Program Ecosystem|
| Solution Provider |
|Managed Services Specialization||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Service Delivery Specialization*||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Support Provider Specialization**||Yes|
*Service Delivery Specialization will be available 2H 2015.
**Formerly Avg Authorized Support Provider Program (MASP)